This is an exciting time to be a marketer! The marketing landscape continues to evolve each year, so it's important to keep up with the latest trends in the field.
We're here to help! We've compiled some of the most valuable and crucial B2B marketing tips that we've found, including some of our own! And don't worry—we'll update this list periodically with new marketing tips and strategies that we think you'll appreciate.
1. The Growth of Social Media
While social media marketing has long been important for B2C marketers, it's become an absolute must for B2B marketers as well. Social media is a crucial part of the awareness phase of the buyer's journey and gives you a platform to build relationships with your audience. Using social media, you can show your prospects that there are people behind your brand—people who are experts and can be trusted. You can also build trust by helping your customers with their problems and sharing helpful content on social media.
Your goal should be to post often enough that you’re always top of mind, but not so frequently that it’s overwhelming or annoying. We recommend posting once per day to each platform you’re active on.
2. The Importance of Customer Experience
B2B companies are no stranger to the importance of customer service. However, despite their best efforts, many find themselves delivering sub-par experiences that frustrate customers and can put a stop to sales in their tracks.
Customer service is about resolving issues; customer experience creates a positive interaction that drives conversions. The most successful B2B marketers know that the former is just part of the equation. They recognize that stellar customer service alone won’t help them stand out from competitors or drive repeat business. To close deals, they need to deliver excellent customer experiences at every touchpoint — including before, during, and after a sale — and solidify themselves as trusted partners instead of one-time vendors.
Here are some ways you can deliver an exceptional customer experience:
Personalization is another critical factor to consider for your 2022 B2B strategy. The idea of personalization is nothing new, but it’s becoming more and more central to customer experience (CX). Personalizing the customer experience helps build trust between you and your customers by showing them you know them, understand their needs, and appreciate their business.
To take your personalization efforts further in 2022, focus on doing the following:
- Know your customer – The only way you can provide a personalized experience is if you have an understanding of who they are and what they need from you. This requires developing a complete profile of your target buyer. It’s not enough to simply know the company; personalization goes deeper. You need to know specific information about both the purchasing group and each member of the group (e.g., names, roles at the company, goals). In addition, understanding how each member communicates with others in their group will be helpful when it comes time to pitch your product/service as a solution to their problem or challenge.
- Provide personalized recommendations – If you’re providing content on your website or emails that aren’t relevant or interesting for people looking at them, then there will be no reason to stick around long enough to learn anything useful! Marketers can improve this process through recommendation algorithms based on previous purchases made by similar customers, such as those found within Amazon's recommender systems.
4. Marketing AI
- AI can help you predict customer behavior. Every business wants to know how its customers will behave, and AI is the best way for marketers to make predictions about their customers.
- AI can help you prioritize leads. If you’re a B2B marketer, your leads are the lifeblood of your business. Use AI to identify the leads in your pipeline that are most likely to purchase from your company to focus your efforts on those prospects.
- AI can help you target customers more effectively. Because of all of its data, AI has become an excellent tool for targeting customers based on interests and demographics.
- AI helps you automate marketing tasks. It automates repetitive marketing tasks like sending emails and posting on social media so marketers can focus on more essential functions like strategy and creativity instead of optimizing campaigns manually or creating ad copy repeatedly.
- AI helps you identify the most effective content for each audience segment. When it comes to crafting great ad copy or email messaging, marketers need to create content that resonates with their target audience—and they need to do it fast! This is possible with machine learning technology. It analyzes vast amounts of data in real-time and recommends personalized content based on what works best for each audience segment.
5. Content Marketing
As we've always been saying, content is the most crucial element of any marketing strategy. It's the best way to educate and inform your audience. Content comes in many forms, including blog posts, videos, infographics, and case studies.
Content should be based on data, insights, and research, focusing on the user. How does this piece of content help them? What problem does it solve for them?
You also need to think about creating a consistent stream of compelling content that will engage your audience and ultimately help you convert them into a customer or lead.
Once you have all this locked down, you'll need a platform to publish your content on so people can find it quickly - this is where the role of highly optimized B2B websites comes in.
6. Chatbots and Messaging Apps
In a recent survey, 50% of consumers stated that messaging is their preferred way to communicate with businesses. Chatbots and messaging apps are convenient for customers, and they’re already being used effectively by other brands.
Chatbots are powerful tools for engaging customers and answering their questions. They also help generate leads and boost sales. And they can be used in countless ways: as customer support, as data collection entry points, or even as a source of entertainment or education. The technology continues to improve, so don’t rule out this approach just yet!
Chatbot technology is advancing rapidly.
If you think chatbots are still too robotic to interact meaningfully with users or provide real value—you might be surprised! Not only are chatbots interactive, but many have become quite fun to use (and pretty witty).
7. Video Marketing for B2B Marketers
Video marketing will be the most critical part of your marketing strategy in 2022.
Forrester Research predicts that by 2022, online videos will make up more than 82% of all consumer internet traffic, up from 73% in 2017. Check out these other statistics to understand why video marketing is so critical to your B2B marketing efforts:
- 80% of businesses reported increased conversions after adding video content to their websites. (Business 2 Community)
- Adding a video to your landing page can increase conversions by 80%. (Unbounce)
- Video content outperforms any other type of content on social media, with 87% engagement across platforms. (SocialMediaToday)
- 72% of people would instead use video to learn about a product or service than text. (Animoto)
With these stats and trends, it's clear that video is one of the most significant opportunities for growth in 2022.
8. The Rise of Voice Search and Multichannel Marketing
Voice search is becoming more and more popular, especially in the B2B marketing industry. In fact, 33% of enterprise decision-makers use a voice assistant while purchasing online. There are also an estimated 7 billion voice searches per month.
This means you need to start optimizing your content for voice search. Here are three things you should keep in mind when doing so:
- Find long-tail keywords that people would ask rather than type into a search engine. For example, “what do I need to know about B2B lead generation” or “what is the best CRM software for my small business” are good examples of long-tail keywords for voice search optimization because they sound like questions people would ask their phone or Google Home device.
- Optimize your content with short answers and lists so that people can easily find what they’re looking for without digging through multiple paragraphs of text. This is especially important if you want to show up in featured snippets and Google Home answers boxes.
- Using FAQs on your website can help customers find information quickly without going through other channels such as Sales or Customer Support, who may be busy assisting other customers when the question is asked.
These marketing trends and strategies are vital to the success of your business in 2022
When you're starting a business, there are many things to consider. How do you get your work in front of potential customers? Where do they spend their time, and how can you connect with them there?
You'll also want to keep an eye on trends so that a changing marketplace or your competition does not leave you behind.