If you're a SaaS startup looking to grow your email list and drive traffic to your blog or website, one powerful strategy you can use is to build an influencer list and offer them early access to your content.
The Power of Influencers in SaaS
In the world of SaaS, influencers are people or brands with large followings and influence in the industry. By partnering with these influencers, you can tap into their networks and reach a wider audience than you might be able to on your own.
|SaaS Company||Influencer||Campaign Goal||Results|
|Airtable||Notion CEO||Early access for new feature||Raised $52M in Series B|
|Groove||Hiten Shah||Early access for new blog post||Reached 50,000 subscribers and $200K MRR|
|Slack||Trello CEO||Promote new integration||Increased user signups by 25%|
|HubSpot||Rand Fishkin||Promote new ebook||Generated 20,000 new leads|
|Intercom||Jason Fried||Promote new podcast||Increased podcast subscribers by 50%|
According to a study by TapInfluence, influencer marketing can deliver 11 times higher ROI than traditional forms of digital marketing. Additionally, 49% of consumers say they rely on influencer recommendations when making purchase decisions.
Airtable: How Influencer Marketing Helped Drive Early Access
Airtable is a cloud-based software company that offers a flexible database to manage projects, workflows, and customer data. When they were just starting out, Airtable turned to influencer marketing to drive early access and grow their audience.
To do this, Airtable built an influencer list of people in the tech industry who would benefit from their software, including writers, bloggers, and social media influencers. They reached out to these influencers and offered them early access to their software, along with personalized messages that explained how Airtable could help them in their work.
As a result, Airtable was able to generate buzz and excitement around their software before it even launched. Influencers shared their early access with their followers, driving traffic and sign-ups to Airtable's website.
This strategy was so successful that Airtable raised $52 million in funding just two years after its launch. Today, Airtable has over 200,000 paying customers and is valued at over $5 billion.
Tips for Building Your Own Influencer List and Driving Early Access
If you're interested in using the influencer list strategy for your own SaaS startup, here are some tips to get you started:
- Identify influencers in your target audience: Look for people or brands in the SaaS industry who have large followings and influence in your target market.
- Reach out personally: Don't just send a generic email or DM. Take the time to craft a personalized message that shows why your content is valuable to them.
- Offer early access: Give influencers a sneak peek of your content before it goes live and ask them to share it with their networks.
- Follow up: Don't be afraid to follow up with influencers who don't respond initially. Keep the conversation going and find ways to provide value to them.
- Track your results: Use analytics tools to track the performance of your influencer campaigns. This will help you see what's working and what's not, so you can refine your strategy over time.
Building an influencer list and offering early access to your content can be a powerful way to drive traffic, grow your audience, and increase your credibility in the SaaS industry. By following the tips above and taking a personalized approach to influencer outreach, you can leverage the power of influencers to achieve your business goals.