Think about it - your subscribers and customers already know and love your brand. They're using your product and are more likely to promote it to their networks. By turning your mailing list into an affiliates list, you can tap into this existing user base and find new affiliates without having to spend a lot of time and resources searching for them.
But how do you turn your mailing list into an affiliates list without overwhelming your subscribers and customers? In this blog post, we'll show you how to automate the process and promote your program to encourage your subscribers and customers to become advocates for your brand and earn commissions for their efforts. So sit back, grab a cup of coffee, and let's get started!
The Concept of Automatic Affiliates
Automatic affiliates are people who promote your product or service without you having to manually find and convince them to become affiliates. These individuals already know your brand, use your product, and believe in it enough to promote it to others. By making them affiliates automatically, you are creating a win-win situation for both parties.
|Manual Affiliate Search||Automatic Affiliates|
|Cost||High (paying for affiliate software, outreach)||Low (only paying for commissions)|
|Scalability||Limited (depends on finding quality affiliates)||High (any subscriber or customer can be an affiliate)|
|Reach||Limited (only affiliates you find)||High (anyone on your mailing list can become an affiliate)|
How to Turn Your Mailing List into an Affiliate List
Here are the steps to follow:
- Identify potential affiliates from your mailing list: Your mailing list consists of people who have shown interest in your product or service. You can use this list to identify potential affiliates by looking for individuals who have already made a purchase or engage with your brand regularly.
- Automatically send them an affiliate ID: Once you have identified potential affiliates, the next step is to send them an affiliate ID automatically. This ID will give them access to your affiliate dashboard to track their performance and earnings.
- Promote your affiliate program: After sending them their affiliate ID, it's time to promote your affiliate program. You can do this by sending automated follow-up emails or newsletters that highlight the benefits of being an affiliate and the commission they can earn.
|Affiliate ID||A unique identifier for each affiliate|
|Promo Materials||Pre-made banners, images, and other promotional materials for affiliates to use|
|Affiliate Links||Links that track clicks and conversions generated by the affiliate|
|Commission Tracker||A tool to track the affiliate's earnings and commissions|
|Analytics Dashboard||A dashboard to track the affiliate's performance metrics|
|Payout Options||Multiple options for affiliate payouts, such as PayPal, bank transfer, or gift cards|
Affiliate Dashboard Features
Examples of SaaS Companies That Have Used This Approach
Several SaaS companies have successfully used the concept of automatic affiliates to grow their business. Here are some examples:
- Dropbox: Dropbox offers a referral program that rewards users with additional storage space for every referral they make. This approach has helped Dropbox acquire over 4 million users in just 15 months.
- HubSpot: HubSpot offers a partner program that provides its partners with resources and support to help them grow their businesses. This program has helped HubSpot build a strong network of partners who refer new businesses to them regularly.
- ConvertKit: ConvertKit offers an affiliate program that rewards its affiliates with a 30% recurring commission for every customer they refer. This approach has helped ConvertKit grow its customer base by 100% year over year.
By automatically making your subscribers or customers affiliates, you can tap into their network and promote your product to a wider audience. Remember to promote your affiliate program effectively and offer attractive incentives to encourage participation.