DataDab LLP ("DataDab," "we," "us," or "our") takes the private nature of your personal information very seriously. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy when you use our websites, mobile apps, APIs, email notifications, applications, widgets, and other online products and services (collectively, the "Services").
We may change this Policy by posting an updated version, and you are responsible for reviewing the most up-to-date Policy periodically.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in two ways: if you provide information directly to us and if we passively collect information from your device when you use our Services.
Information You Provide
When you sign up for an account, purchase a product, fill out a form, participate in an event, apply for a job, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, public social networking posts, as well as any other information you choose to provide.
Before allowing you to use some aspects of our Services, we may require you to verify your email address or phone number.
Passive Information Collection and Use
As you navigate through our Services, we may passively collect technical information from your computer or mobile device using various analytics and reporting technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, unique device identifiers, and pixel tags ("Analytics Technologies").
This information lets us deliver customized content and recognize you when you return to the Services. We also collect technical information to help us identify and address problems with our Services.
The information we passively collect may include your IP address or other unique identifier ("Device Identifier"), browser types, domains, referral URLs, device type (e.g., computer, phone, tablet), operating system, date/time stamps, clickstream behavior (e.g., what links you click, pages viewed), actions taken on our Services (e.g., features used), demographic information, and aggregated usage information.
We may also gather additional passive information through other methods as we adopt different technologies.
How We Use Your Information
We use the personal information we collect through our Services for the specific purposes listed below:
- User Account Set-Up and Administration - Create and manage user accounts, authenticate users, process payments, provide products and services you request, notify you about changes to our products and services, and other customer service purposes.
- Research and Development – Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve our products and services and develop new features, products, and services.
- Marketing and Advertising – Provide promotional information that may be useful, relevant, valuable, or otherwise of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, and special events. This may be presented through various channels, including email, online ads, social media, and directly on our Services through personalized content and sponsored stories.
- Personalization – Present personalized content and experiences on our Services and elsewhere online, including providing customized content, features, sponsored stories about promotions and events, social media integrations, and other personalized services.
- Analytics, Reports, and Other Business Purposes - Conduct data analytics, quality improvements, market research, and other business purposes.
Given our legitimate interest in improving our services and serving our users better, we process your personal information for these purposes.
When We Share Your Information
We will not share your personal information outside DataDab except in the limited circumstances described below:
- Partners and Service Providers - We may share your information with partners and third-party service providers engaged to perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. They will only have access to the information needed to perform these obligations and must agree to use it only to keep it confidential.
- Business Transactions – Your information may be transferred to another entity (either an affiliated entity or third party) in connection with or during the negotiation of any reorganization, merger, acquisition, financing, sale, or dissolution transaction involving our business.
- Aggregate Information - Where legally permissible, we may use and share information about visitors as a group or in an aggregated form that can't reasonably identify you.
- Legal and Regulatory Requirements – We may disclose your information if required to do so by law (such as responding to a subpoena or court order), as necessary to comply with regulatory requirements, or in the good faith belief that disclosure is otherwise necessary to protect our rights or property or the rights, property or safety of others.
Security of Your Information
We take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. Unfortunately, no system can be guaranteed 100% secure; thus, we cannot provide absolute assurance regarding security.
We have put in place administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to prevent unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of your personal information. Your information is stored on secure servers and isn't publicly available.
We will make legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored personal data to you via email or conspicuous posting on our Services at the most suitable time possible and without unreasonable delay.
Your Choices and Rights
Where applicable, based on your jurisdiction, you have certain rights and choices concerning the personal information about you that we collect and use.
In particular, you should be able to:
- Access your personal information held about you
- Correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information about you
- Delete personal information we no longer have a lawful ground to use
- Withdraw consent where you previously provided consent for us to process your personal information
- Opt-out from marketing communications and newsletters
- Port personal information you provided in machine-readable form
- Restrict the use of personal information while your other requests are pending
- Object to us processing your personal information when we rely on legitimate interest
To submit a request, you may contact us as indicated below. Please understand submitting a request does not guarantee deletion, restriction, or other responsive action.
Where the law requires, we will grant requests by deleting personal information, providing promotional communications opt-outs, and honoring other legal rights regarding your personal information.
We retain your personal information for the minimum time necessary to fulfill our legitimate business interests or as required by law or contracts we are party to.
When we no longer need to use your information, we will take reasonable steps to delete or anonymize it, subject to the exceptions below. If you opt out of certain uses of your information, we may retain some information about you as permitted by law, such as to maintain opt-out records, prevent abuse, or for backup and archival purposes.
We do not knowingly collect or target personal information from children under 13. Services are not intended for children under 13. No one under 13 can provide personal information on our Services.
If we determine we collected personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. Please get in touch with us if you believe a child under 13 has provided us with personal information.
International Data Transfers
European Union and Swiss individuals have certain legal rights to obtain our commitment to provide adequate data protection for your personal information, which we commit to do by handling personal information in compliance with applicable European and Swiss privacy laws. Contact us if you have questions.
Changes To This Policy
If you have any questions about our privacy practices or this Policy, please get in touch with us at email@example.com