"Last Comment Wins" tactic is a fun and effective way to create a viral marketing campaign that can reach a wider audience and generate buzz around your SaaS product.
|Free - $49/month
|Cloud-based streaming studio, "Last Comment Wins" template, customizable graphics
|$10/month - $99/month
|Multistream to up to 20 platforms, schedule pre-recorded streams, integration with YouTube, Facebook, and more
|Free - $399/month
|Stream to multiple platforms, customizable branding, add guests and audience members, virtual backgrounds, and more
|$60 - $1200
|Live production software, supports multiple cameras, custom graphics and transitions, streaming to multiple platforms
How it Works
Here's how you can implement the "Last Comment Wins" tactic for your SaaS company:
- Launch a live stream on Facebook or YouTube using a cloud-based streaming studio or integrating the "Last Comment Wins" template as a plugin into your streaming software (OBS, StreamYard, vMix, etc.)
- Set up a timer (for example, 120 seconds) that counts down and resets after every new comment. Display the Facebook name and photo of the three last commenters on screen. If no one comments over the last 120 seconds, the last comment wins, the game stops, and the winner is shown.
- Motivate your audience to comment by offering an exciting prize. You can include a photo or video of the prize in the stream or mention it in the broadcast's description.
|One-month free membership, branded workout gear, personal training session
|Free subscription for one year, customized software solution, exclusive beta access
|Food and Beverage
|Branded kitchenware, a year's supply of products, private cooking class with a celebrity chef
|Free beauty products for a year, a spa day for two, virtual makeup tutorial with a celebrity artist
|Free online courses, personalized consultation with a renowned expert, academic scholarship
Why it Works
The "Last Comment Wins" tactic leverages the competitive nature of social media users to encourage engagement and participation in your live stream or marketing campaign. As users leave comments, their friends see it on their newsfeed and are more likely to join in, creating a snowball effect that can result in significant engagement and reach.
Here are some reasons why the "Last Comment Wins" tactic works so well:
- Increases engagement: The countdown timer and display of the last commenters create a sense of urgency and excitement among the audience, leading to increased engagement and participation.
- Encourages social sharing: As users leave comments, their friends see it on their newsfeed and are more likely to join in, leading to increased reach and social sharing.
- Creates a sense of community: By featuring the names and photos of the last commenters, the tactic creates a sense of community and encourages users to stay engaged.
Here are some SaaS companies that have successfully used the "Last Comment Wins" tactic to create viral marketing campaigns:
- Canva: The popular graphic design platform used the "Last Comment Wins" tactic to promote a free webinar, offering a year's subscription to Canva Pro as the prize. The campaign generated over 1,000 comments and reached over 200,000 people on Facebook.
- Hootsuite: The social media management platform used the "Last Comment Wins" tactic to promote a new feature, offering a free year of Hootsuite Pro as the prize. The campaign generated over 2,500 comments and reached over 400,000 people on Facebook.
- Asana: The project management platform used the "Last Comment Wins" tactic to promote a new integration, offering a free year of Asana Premium as the prize. The campaign generated over 1,500 comments and reached over 300,000 people on Facebook.
By leveraging the competitive nature of social media users, offering exciting prizes, and creating a sense of community, the tactic can help your SaaS company reach a wider audience and generate buzz around your product.