Are you tired of spending hours crafting outreach emails that go unopened and leave you feeling discouraged? Do you feel like your outbound efforts are draining your budget and resources without yielding the results you need? If so, it's time to re-evaluate your account-based marketing strategy.
In today's crowded SaaS market, standing out from the competition is more important than ever. That's why personalization and automation are essential tools for success. By targeting the right people with the right message, you can increase the chances of getting a response and ultimately converting prospects into customers.
|Clearbit||A data enrichment tool that helps you reveal the companies of your website visitors and find relevant contacts.||Reveal API, Prospector API, Enrich API|
|Datanyze||A data enrichment tool that provides a comprehensive view of the tech stack, firmographics, and other relevant data points of your target accounts.||Technographics, Firmographics, Contacts Data|
|MadKudu||A tool that scores your target accounts based on firmographics, behavioral data, and other relevant information to help you prioritize your outreach efforts.||Predictive Scoring, Prioritization, Segmentation|
In this article, we'll show you how to take your SaaS account-based marketing to the next level with a personalized and automated approach. Using the right tools and APIs, you can gather valuable information about your target accounts, prioritize your outreach efforts, and automate the process for greater efficiency. So, let's dive in and see how this tactic can help you drive more leads and conversions for your SaaS business.
The Problem with Traditional Outbound Efforts
Traditional outbound marketing efforts, such as cold emailing, can be a drain on time and resources. With open rates typically ranging from 10% to 15%, it's easy to see why companies are seeking new ways to improve their account-based marketing efforts.
The Solution: Personalization and Automation
By using a combination of tools and APIs, it's possible to personalize and automate your outreach efforts to increase your chances of success. Here's how:
|"Reveal" API||- Identifies the company of each user visiting your website
- Provides company information like size, industry, and location
|- Allows you to prioritize outreach efforts based on the company's value and fit
- Enables you to personalize your messaging based on the visitor's company information
|"Prospector" API||- Extracts a list of prospects within a company
- Provides contact information like name, email, and job title
|- Gives you access to a targeted list of potential customers
- Enables you to personalize your outreach based on each contact's information
Step 1: Identify Visitors to Your Website
Thanks to Clearbit's "reveal" API, you can identify the company of each visitor to your website. This is the first step in building a list of targeted prospects.
Step 2: Collect Information About the Visitor's Company
Using Datanyze, you can automatically collect tons of information on the visitor's company. This information can include their technology stack, industry, number of employees, and more. This data can be used to build a complete picture of the prospect and their potential value to your company.
Step 3: Predict Company Value and Score It
With the information gathered in step 2, you can use MadKudu to predict the value of the prospect's company and score it. This helps you prioritize your outreach efforts and focus on the most valuable prospects first.
Step 4: Extract a List of Prospects and Gather More Information
Using Clearbit's "prospector" API, you can extract a list of prospects within the company. Then, using the "enrich" API, you can automatically gather more information about each contact, such as their job title and contact information.
Step 5: Send Personalized and Targeted Emails
The final step is to use an outreach tool like Customer.io or Lemlist to send highly personalized and targeted emails to these prospects. With the information gathered in steps 2-4, you can craft messages that resonate with the prospect and address their specific pain points and needs.
|Account Coverage||The percentage of your target accounts that you're engaging with through your ABM efforts.||Helps you prioritize your outreach efforts and allocate your resources more effectively.|
|Engagement Rate||The percentage of target accounts that are responding to your outreach efforts.||Indicates the effectiveness of your messaging and personalization strategies.|
|Pipeline Velocity||The speed at which target accounts are moving through your sales pipeline.||Shows how quickly you're converting leads into paying customers and helps you identify areas for improvement.|
|Customer Lifetime Value||The amount of revenue that a customer generates over the course of their relationship with your company.||Helps you prioritize high-value target accounts and allocate resources accordingly.|
Let's look at some SaaS companies that have successfully used this approach to improve their account-based marketing efforts:
- Hubspot used account-based marketing to generate $400,000 in revenue from a single customer by personalizing their outreach efforts and focusing on their most valuable prospects first.
- Zendesk used personalization and automation to increase their outbound email response rates by 34% and boost their average deal size by 38%.
- Outreach.io used a combination of data enrichment and automation to increase their outbound reply rates by 300% and reduce their time spent on prospecting by 75%.
Ideas for you
Let's take a look at a few SaaS examples to see how this tactic can work in practice:
- A marketing automation company could use this tactic to target companies that use their competitors' software. By identifying these companies and reaching out with a personalized message, they can increase their chances of converting these prospects into customers.
- A CRM company could use this tactic to target companies that are growing quickly. Using Datanyze and MadKudu to identify high-growth companies, one can prioritize their outreach efforts and focus on the accounts with the greatest potential value.
- A cybersecurity company could use this tactic to target companies in specific industries that are most at risk for cyberattacks. By using Datanyze to identify the industry of each visitor, they can target their outreach efforts towards the accounts that are most likely to need their services.
By combining personalization and automation, it's possible to improve the performance of your account-based marketing efforts and achieve better results. Using the right tools and APIs, you can build a targeted list of prospects and send highly personalized messages that resonate with them.